Georgetown University Transportation Shuttle (GUTS)
The Georgetown University Transportation Shuttle (GUTS) is a free shuttle bus for faculty, staff, students, and others affiliated with Georgetown University and Medstar Georgetown University Hospital. GUTS buses connect the Main Campus with two Metro stations, and university offices on Wisconsin Avenue.
Buses run on six routes, connecting the campus with Metro stations at Rosslyn (Blue, Orange, and Silver Lines) and Dupont Circle (Red Line), several points in Arlington, Virginia, the Capitol Campus (Georgetown University Law Center, 55 H Street and 640 Massachusetts Avenue) and university offices on Wisconsin Avenue.
GUTS buses operate between 5:00 am and midnight, and all buses are free. See the schedules and stop locations for the five routes below. Buses with handicapped access are available on all GUTS routes. Contact OTM at (202) 687-4372 for assistance.
All shuttles travel the same routes and follow the same schedule all year except holidays.
- The Rosslyn schedule has been adjusted due to shuttles not being able to layover prior to their normal departure time due to ongoing construction. Please adjust your time to arrive a few minutes early since the shuttles can not sit and wait. We appreciate your patience as we work through this schedule adjustment.
- Please be advised: Upcoming GUTS bus route changes for spring 2024, beginning January 10th
- In order to provide better access to the north part of the Hilltop campus, select Rosslyn and Dupont Circle GUTS buses will drop off and pick up at a new North Campus Stop at Lombardi Circle. Rosslyn and Dupont Circle GUTS buses will either drop off and pick up at the South Campus Stop at the McDonough Bus Turnaround OR the North Campus Stop at Lombardi Circle. OTM welcomes you to submit your feedback (new window) on this adjustment throughout the semester.
- Buses will be clearly marked with the designated campus stop.
- Given there will now be direct service to each campus stop, the mini-shuttle that previously went from the Bus Turnaround to Lombardi Circle will no longer be in use.
- Saturday/Sunday shuttle service to Dupont Circle and Rosslyn will operate January 13, 2024 through May 11, 2024.
- Beginning Tuesday, September 5, 2023. The Rosslyn schedule has been adjusted due to shuttles not being able to layover prior to their normal departure time due to ongoing construction. We appreciate your patience as we work through this schedule adjustment.
- The Rosslyn shuttle picks up and drops off at the corner of 19th Street and Moore Streets.
The Arlington route connects the Main Campus with multiple points in Arlington, Virginia, including graduate student housing at the Virginian Suites. The Arlington route operates Monday through Friday from 7:10am to 11:15am and from 4:20pm to 10:20pm.
Beginning Jan. 10, 2024 the Law Center route and Downtown Campus route will be consolidated into the new Capitol Campus route.
Beginning Jan. 22, 2024 the Capitol Campus loop, will operate Monday through Friday from 5pm – 11pm. It will alternate between downtown DC and NoMa.
The 55 H Street/Main Campus route connects the Main campus with 55 H Street, NW. The 55 H Street/Main Campus route operates Saturday 7:05am to 10:20pm.
The Dupont Circle route connects the Main Campus with the Dupont Circle metro station at 20th & Mass Ave, NW. The Dupont route operates Monday through Friday from 6:00am to midnight.
The Rosslyn route connects the Main Campus with the Rosslyn metro station at 19th and Moore Streets. The Rosslyn route operates Monday through Friday from 5:00am to midnight.
The Wisconsin Avenue shuttle operates Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 7:00pm, and connects the Main Campus with university offices at 3300 Whitehaven Street, 2115 Wisconsin, and 2121 Wisconsin.