Georgetown University Transportation Shuttle (GUTS)
The Georgetown University Transportation Shuttle (GUTS) is a free shuttle bus for faculty, staff, students, and others affiliated with Georgetown University and Medstar Georgetown University Hospital. GUTS buses connect the Main Campus with two Metro stations, and university offices on Wisconsin Avenue.
GUTS buses operate between 5:00 am and 9:00 pm, and all buses are free. Riders should be prepared to show their university ID, Medstar GUH ID, or other identification. See the schedules and stop locations for the five routes below. Buses with handicapped access are available on all GUTS routes. Contact OTM at (202) 687-4372 for assistance.
- GUTS announces its Safe and Healthy Rider program.
- Effective Tuesday, May 26, 2020, the Wisconsin Avenue route will run every 20 minutes, from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- Beginning Monday, May 18, 2020, masks or facecoverings will be required to ride on GUTS shuttles.
- Effective Monday, April 13, 2020, the last Rosslyn and Dupont GUTS routes will depart the Bus Turnaround at 8:30 pm to coincide with Metrorail’s 9:00 pm closing time.
- Starting March 24th, 2020 GUTS will follow Metro’s recent change. To adhere to social distancing for the safety of drivers and passengers, entering and exiting will be through the rear door of the bus, unless the wheelchair ramp is needed.
- Late night shuttles ended on February 29, 2020 and will resume in the Fall semester.
- New Wisconsin Avenue Shuttle Schedule: Effective March, 2019, the Wisconsin Avenue Shuttle will run on a new schedule.
The Dupont Circle route connects the Main Campus with the Dupont Circle metro station at 20th & Massachusetts Avenue, NW. The Dupont route operates Monday through Friday from 6:00am to 9:00pm.
The Rosslyn route connects the Main Campus with the Rosslyn metro station at 19th and Moore Streets. The Rosslyn route operates Monday through Friday from 5:00am to 9:00pm.
The Wisconsin Avenue shuttle operates Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 7:00pm, and connects the Main Campus with university offices at 3300 Whitehaven Street, 2115 Wisconsin, and 2121 Wisconsin.