Georgetown University Transportation Shuttle (GUTS)
The Georgetown University Transportation Shuttle (GUTS) is a free shuttle bus for faculty, staff, students, and others affiliated with Georgetown University and Medstar Georgetown University Hospital. GUTS buses connect the Main Campus with two Metro stations, and university offices on Wisconsin Avenue.
Buses run on four routes, connecting the campus with Metro stations at Rosslyn (Blue, Orange, and Silver Lines) and Dupont Circle (Red Line), the Georgetown University Law Center and university offices on Wisconsin Avenue.
GUTS buses operate between 5:00 am and 11:00 pm, and all buses are free. Riders should be prepared to show their university ID, Medstar GUH ID, or other identification. See the schedules and stop locations for the five routes below. Buses with handicapped access are available on all GUTS routes. Contact OTM at (202) 687-4372 for assistance.
- The Law Center route will not resume on Monday, January 25, 2021. We will monitor our demands for Law Center service and may make adjustments as necessary.
- Beginning Monday, November 16, 2020, the Rosslyn and Dupont routes midday service will be adjusted. Beginning at 10am, the buses will run hourly through 3pm, at which time regular service will resume. Please refer to the GUTS schedules for bus times outside of these hours.
- Beginning Monday, November 2, 2020, there will be service adjustments to the Georgetown University Transportation Shuttle (GUTS). The Wisconsin Avenue shuttle will cease until the end of the semester and its route will be re-evaluated for Spring semester. The Rosslyn, Dupont and Law Center shuttles will continue to operate as scheduled. We will monitor our demands for service and may make adjustments as necessary.
- The Law Center shuttle resumes on Monday, August 31, 2020.
- Effective Monday, August 17, 2020 the last Rosslyn and Dupont GUTS routes will depart the Bus Turnaround at 10:40 pm to coincide with Metrorail’s 11:00 pm closing time.
- GUTS announces its Safe and Healthy Rider program.
- Beginning Monday, May 18, 2020, masks or facecoverings will be required to ride on GUTS shuttles.
- New Wisconsin Avenue Shuttle Schedule: Effective March, 2019, the Wisconsin Avenue Shuttle will run on a new schedule.
The Dupont Circle route connects the Main Campus with the Dupont Circle metro station at 20th & Massachusetts Avenue, NW. The Dupont route operates Monday through Friday from 6:00am to 11:00pm.
The Rosslyn route connects the Main Campus with the Rosslyn metro station at 19th and Moore Streets. The Rosslyn route operates Monday through Friday from 5:00am to 11:00pm.
The Wisconsin Avenue shuttle operates Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 7:00pm, and connects the Main Campus with university offices at 3300 Whitehaven Street, 2115 Wisconsin, and 2121 Wisconsin.