Georgetown University Transportation Shuttle (GUTS)
The Georgetown University Transportation Shuttle (GUTS) is a free shuttle bus for faculty, staff, students, and others affiliated with Georgetown University and Medstar Georgetown University Hospital. GUTS buses connect the Main Campus with two Metro stations, and university offices on Wisconsin Avenue.
Buses run on six routes, connecting the campus with Metro stations at Rosslyn (Blue, Orange, and Silver Lines) and Dupont Circle (Red Line), several points in Arlington, Virginia, the Georgetown University Law Center, the Downtown Campus (55 H Street and 640 Massachusetts Avenue) and university offices on Wisconsin Avenue.
GUTS buses operate between 5:00 am and midnight, and all buses are free. See the schedules and stop locations for the five routes below. Buses with handicapped access are available on all GUTS routes. Contact OTM at (202) 687-4372 for assistance.
- The Rosslyn shuttle will pick up and drop off at the corner of 19th Street starting on Monday, May 8, 2023. It will be located on the opposite corner of the current stop.
- Saturday, April 29 and Sunday, April 30, 2023 and Saturday, May 6 and Sunday, May 7, 2023, there will be construction on N Moore Street between 19th and 20th St that will impact the bus stop. In order to provide a safe service, we will be temporarily moving the stop from its current location to Bus Stand B, which is across 19th St at the 2nd bus bay on N Moore St..
- From the weekend of February 25-26 to May 6-7, 2023, there will be weekend Dupont Circle Shuttle and Rosslyn Shuttle service on Saturdays and Sundays from 12 p.m. – 12 a.m. The Shuttle will run on a loop, alternating between the Bus Turnaround to Rosslyn and the Bus Turnaround to Dupont Circle stop. You can track the status of the GUTS bus via NextGUTS (new window).
- Starting Monday, January 23rd on a trial basis, the Wisconsin Avenue Shuttle will be picking up and dropping off by the Wells Fargo Bank parking lot. The pick up/drop off will occur immediately after the 2233 Wisconsin Avenue stop.
- The Downtown Campus Shuttle, servicing 55 H Street and 640 Massachusetts Avenue, starts Monday, August 15th and operates Monday through Friday. Law Center students going to main campus can take the Downtown shuttle from 55 H Street during the week and on Saturdays.
- Masks or face coverings are not required to ride the GUTS shuttles.
- Starting Monday, May 22, 2022, the last Law Center run departing main campus will be at 6:08pm and returning from the Law Center at 6:35pm with stops at Capitol Hill as listed on the time table. The later Law Center shuttles will resume for the fall semester. Rosslyn, Dupont, Arlington and Wisconsin shuttles travel the same routes and follow the same schedule all year except holidays.
- Rosslyn, Dupont, Arlington and Wisconsin shuttles travel the same routes and follow the same schedule all year except holidays.
The Arlington route connects the Main Campus with multiple points in Arlington, Virginia, including graduate student housing at the Virginian Suites. The Arlington route operates Monday through Friday from 7:10am to 11:15am and from 4:20pm to 10:20pm.
The Downtown Campus route connects the Main Campus with SCS at 640 Massachusetts and the Graduate Student residence at 55 H Street. The Downtown Campus route operates Monday through Friday from 6:30am 10:15pm .
The Dupont Circle route connects the Main Campus with the Dupont Circle metro station at 20th & P Streets, NW. The Dupont route operates Monday through Friday from 6:00am to midnight.
The Law Center route connects the Main Campus with the Georgetown University Law Center and the U.S. House of Representatives. The Law Center route operates Monday through Friday from 7:55am to 10:10pm and until 6:08 pm during the summer months.
The Rosslyn route connects the Main Campus with the Rosslyn metro station at 19th and Moore Streets. The Rosslyn route operates Monday through Friday from 5:00am to midnight.
The Wisconsin Avenue shuttle operates Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 7:00pm, and connects the Main Campus with university offices at 3300 Whitehaven Street, 2115 Wisconsin, and 2121 Wisconsin.