Georgetown University is accessible for faculty, staff, students, and visitors through many convenient transportation options, including our free university shuttle, public transportation, bicycling, carsharing, and other means. Use this website to explore the options for traveling to and from Georgetown University and Medstar Georgetown University Hospital.
- The pause on parking charges for faculty, staff and students will continue through the end of the fiscal year, June 30, 2021. We anticipate that parking charges will resume starting July 1, 2021.
- The Law Center route will not resume on Monday, January 25, 2021. We will monitor our demands for Law Center service and may make adjustments as necessary.
- Beginning Monday, November 16, 2020, the Rosslyn and Dupont routes midday service will be adjusted. Beginning at 10am, the buses will run hourly through 3pm, at which time regular service will resume. Please refer to the GUTS schedules for bus times outside of these hours.
- Beginning Monday, November 2, 2020, there will be service adjustments to the Georgetown University Transportation Shuttle (GUTS). The Wisconsin Avenue shuttle will cease until the end of the semester and its route will be re-evaluated for Spring semester. The Rosslyn, Dupont and Law Center shuttles will continue to operate as scheduled. We will monitor our demands for service and may make adjustments as necessary.
- Effective Monday, August 17, 2020 the last Rosslyn and Dupont GUTS routes will depart the Bus Turnaround at 10:40 pm to coincide with Metrorail’s 11:00 pm closing time.
- Frequently Asked Questions for Parking for Fall 2020
- GUTS announces its Safe and Healthy Rider program.
- Beginning Monday, May 18, 2020, masks or facecoverings will be required to ride on GUTS shuttles.
- GUTS policy change regarding social distancing (see Announcements section)