Georgetown University is accessible by public transit using Metrobus, Metrorail, and the DC Circulator bus. Visit the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) website to plan your trip using Metrobus or Metrorail or plan your trip using Google Maps Transit Directions.
Georgetown employees who use Metrobus and Metrorail can receive pre-tax transit benefits by enrolling in SmartBenefits. Employees can elect to deduct funds from their paycheck before taxes and add them to their SmarTrip card. After enrolling, the funds will be automatically added to your card each month and any unused benefits will be rolled over to the next month.
Effective December 1, 2016, the process of enrolling in SmartBenefits has changed. You will no longer be able to enroll in SmartBenefits through the benefit election process. To enroll, waive, or make changes to your SmartBenefits, first download and complete this form. Please note that if you are already enrolled, you need to use this form to make any changes. You are also only allowed one change per year.
- Main Campus employees may email the completed form to email@example.com or drop the form off in person in the OTM office located in Kennedy Hall on the Mezzanine "M" Level. You can also reach Tasia Manson via phone at 202-687-4372.
- Law Center employees may email the completed form to Marshall Lucas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Marshall can also be reached at 202-662-9330 or in the Facilities and Parking Office, McDonough Hall, Room 154.
Employees can not sign up for parking and Smart Benefits.
Form submission dates:
- July 27, 2017
- August 24, 2017
- September 7, 2017
- October 4, 2017
- November 2, 2017
- November 31, 2017
- December 19, 2017
- January 11, 2018
- January 25, 2018
- February 22, 2018
- April 5, 2018
- May 3, 2018
- May 31, 2018
- Forms must be submitted 2 weeks before the end of the month. Depending on the closing date(s) it may not apply to the following month.
Several public buses service Georgetown University, Medstar Georgetown University Hospital, and the Georgetown neighborhood:
- The G2 bus stops at the university main gates at 37th & O Streets, NW and connects to the Dupont Circle metro station (Red Line). Click here for the schedule and route map for the G2 bus.
- The D6 bus stops at the entrance to Medstar Georgetown University Hospital and the north entrance of Georgetown University along Reservoir Road. The D6 also connects to the Dupont Circle and Farragut North metro stations (Red Line) as well as Farragut West (Blue, Orange, and Silver Lines) and Metro Center (Red, Blue, Orange and Silver Lines). Click here for the schedule and route map for the D6 bus.
Other buses that stop close to Georgetown University include:
- D2 bus - stops in Georgetown at 35th Street & Reservoir Road NW and connects with Glover Park and the Dupont Circle metro station (Red Line). Click here for the schedule and route map for the D2 bus.
- 38B bus - stops in Georgetown at M Street & 34th Street NW, and connects with Rosslyn, Foggy Bottom, and Farragut West metro stations (Blue, Orange, and Silver lines) and Farragut North metro station (Red Line). Click here for the schedule and route map for the 38B bus.
- 30s series buses (30N, 30S, 31, 33) - stops along Wisconsin Avenue in Georgetown at P Street and N Street NW, and connects with Friendship Heights and Tenleytown-AU metro stations (Red Line), as well as Foggy Bottom and Farragut West metro stations (Blue, Orange, and Silver Lines). Click here for the schedule and route map for the 30N and 30S buses. Click here for the schedule and route map for the 31 and 33 buses.
While there is not a Metrorail station in Georgetown, the free university GUTS shuttles connect Georgetown University with the Dupont Circle metro station (Red Line) via the Dupont Circle route and the Rosslyn metro station (Blue, Orange, and Silver Lines) via the Rosslyn route.
Several Metrobuses also connect with these and other Metro stations close to Georgetown.
The DC Circulator is another public bus that serves the Georgetown neighborhood close to the university.
The Dupont-Georgetown-Rosslyn route stops in Georgetown at 34th & M Street, NW and connects with the Dupont Circle metro station (Red Line) and Rosslyn metro station (Blue, Orange, and Silver Lines). Click here for the schedule and route map for the Dupont-Rosslyn Circulator bus.
The Georgetown-Union Station route stops in Georgetown at Wisconsin Avenue & N Street NW and at Wisconsin Avenue & M Street NW. This route also connects with Downtown DC, the Georgetown Downtown campus, and Union Station. Click here for the schedule and route map for the Georgetown-Union Station Circulator bus.