Campus Transportation During Move-In
This is an exciting time at Georgetown as we welcome our new and returning students back to the Hilltop. Friday, August 28th, 2015, will be a particularly busy day as we begin first-year undergraduate student move in, host athletic events and welcome many of our first-year graduate students.
On Friday August 28, 2015, faculty and staff should expect heavy congestion on campus. In order to effectively accommodate the day’s events and provide the best experience for the families of our incoming first-year undergraduate students, the following changes to parking patterns and GUTS service will be in effect:
- Faculty and staff should avoid parking on-campus and utilize off-campus parking and shuttle services in Rosslyn ( map of Rosslyn garages and shuttles stops), Wisconsin Avenue (map of Wisconsin Avenue parking garage and shuttles stop), public transportation, and appropriately coordinated telework. Passes for off-site parking may be picked before August 28, 2015, in the Parking Office located in the mezzanine level of the Southwest Garage.
- To the extent faculty or staff must park on campus, please expect to be directed to park in locations different than a normal business day and leave campus not later than 1:00 pm.
- Paid parking will not be available.
- All GUTS buses will utilize Reservoir Road to enter and exit campus.
- The Rosslyn, Arlington and Law Center GUTS bus stops will be relocated to the North side of Kober Cogan (map of GUTS stops).
- The Canal Road exit from campus will be closed from 2:00 pm until 9:00 pm on August 28, 2015.
- The Canal Road exit from campus will be closed from 8:00 am until 2:00 pm on August 29, 2015.