GUTS Service – August 23, 2019
Dear Members of the Georgetown Community,
On Friday, August 23, GUTS service will operate on a normal schedule from its usual location at the Bus Turnaround. The Mini Shuttle will not operate.
As it is also new student move-in day, GUTS riders should plan for delays throughout the day and into the evening, starting at 7 a.m. GUTS will be operating through the same entrance as vehicles arriving for move-in.
To avoid delays, consider utilizing other transportation services or adjusting your work schedule:
- Visit Georgetown’s Transportation Website (new window) for alternative transportation options. Both Metrobus and the DC Circulator have routes that connect to Metrorail Stations but drop off outside of campus. These routes may not be as delayed because they operate further from the impacted area.
- Consider altering your work schedule to arrive before 7 a.m. or depart later.
- Work from home with supervisory approval (no formal telework agreement is needed).
- Schedule leave for the day with supervisory approval.
- Adjust schedule to work a full week but avoid coming to work on August 23 with supervisory approval (for example, a week of four 10-hour days).
Thank you again for your assistance and patience in adjusting your commute to campus on August 23.
Vice President, Planning and Facilities Management